I respect your privacy and am committed to protecting it through my compliance with this policy. This policy describes the types of information I may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit dogcatdoc.com and dogcatdoc pet portal and my practice for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
This policy applies to information I collect:
- On this Website, dogcatdoc.com, and dogcatdoc pet portal.
- In email, text, and other electronic messages between you and this Website and dogcatdoc pet portal.
- When you interact with my advertising and applications on third-party websites and services, if those applications or advertising include links to this policy. It does not apply to information collected by:
- Me offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by me; or
- Any third party, including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on the Website.
Children Under the Age of 16
dogcatdoc.com and dogcatdoc pet portal are not intended for children under 16 years of age. No one under age 16 may provide any personal information on the Website. I do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 16. If you are under 16, do not use or provide any information on this Website. If I learn I have collected or received personal information from a child under 16 without verification of parental consent, I will delete that information. If you believe I might have any information from or about a child under 16, please contact us at the email address below.
Information I Collect About You and How I Collect It
I collect several types of information from and about users of my Website, including information:
- By which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, email address, telephone number or any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline (”personal information”);
- That is about you but individually does not identify you; and/or
- About your internet connection, the equipment you use to access my Website, and usage details.
I collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- Automatically as you navigate through the site. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies, and other tracking technologies.
- From third parties, for example, my business partners.
Information You Provide to Me
The information I collect on or through my Website may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on my Website. This includes information provided at the time of subscribing to my service, or requesting further services.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact me.
Information I Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
As you navigate through and interact with my Website, I may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Website, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
- The information I collect automatically is only statistical data and does not include personal information. It helps us to improve my Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize my Website according to your individual interests.
- Recognize you when you return to our Website.
The technologies I use for this automatic data collection may include:
How I Use Your Information
I use information that I collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To present my Website and its contents to you.
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from me.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To notify you about changes to my Website or any products or services I offer or provide though it.
Disclosure of Your Information
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- I may also disclose your personal information to comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
Choices About How I Use and Disclose Your Information
I strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. I have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Tracking Technologies and Advertising. You can set your browser to refuse all or some browser cookies, or to alert you when cookies are being sent.
I do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative (”NAI”) on the NAI’s website. California residents may have additional personal information rights and choices. Please see [Your California Privacy Rights] for more information.
Your California Privacy Rights
If you are a California resident, California law may provide you with additional rights regarding our use of your personal information. To learn more about your California privacy rights, visit https://oag.ca.gov/privacy/privacy-laws.
Notice to European Users
Privacy Notice for California Residents
Effective Date: January 2, 2021
Last Reviewed on: January 2, 2021
Information I Collect
My Website collects information that identifies, relates to, describes, references, is capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer or device (”personal information”). In particular, my Website has collected the following categories of personal information from its consumers within the last twelve (12) months:
Category A: Identifiers
Examples: A real name, Internet Protocol address, email address, or other similar identifiers.
Category B: Personal information categories listed in the California Customer Records statute (Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e)).
Examples: A name, signature, Social Security number, physical characteristics or description, address, telephone number, passport number, driver’s license or state identification card number, insurance policy number, education, employment, employment history, bank account number, credit card number, debit card number, or any other financial information, medical information, or health insurance information. Some personal information included in this category may overlap with other categories.
Category C: Protected classification characteristics under California or federal law.
Examples: Age (40 years or older), race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, religion or creed, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability, sex (including gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy or childbirth and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, veteran or military status, genetic information (including familial genetic information).
Personal information does not include:
- Publicly available information from government records.
- De-identified or aggregated consumer information.
- Information excluded from the CCPA’s scope, like:
- health or medical information covered by the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) and the California Confidentiality of Medical Information Act (CMIA) or clinical trial data;
- personal information covered by certain sector-specific privacy laws, including the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FRCA), the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (GLBA) or California Financial Information Privacy Act (FIPA), and the Driver’s Privacy Protection Act of 1994.
I obtains the categories of personal information listed above from the following categories of sources:
- Directly from you. For example, from forms you complete on our website.
- Indirectly from you. For example, from observing your actions on my Website or interactions with our advertisers.
Use of Personal Information
I may use, or disclose the personal information I collect for one or more of the following business purposes:
- To fulfill or meet the reason you provided the information. For example, if you share your name and contact information to request a price quote or ask a question about our products or services, I will use that personal information to respond to your inquiry. If you provide your personal information to purchase a product or service, I will use that information to process your payment and facilitate delivery. I may also save your information to facilitate new product orders or process returns.
- To provide you with support and to respond to your inquiries, including to investigate and address your concerns and monitor and improve our responses.
- To respond to law enforcement requests and as required by applicable law, court order, or governmental regulations.
- As described to you when collecting your personal information or as otherwise set forth in the CCPA.
- I will not collect additional categories of personal information or use the personal information I collected for materially different, unrelated, or incompatible purposes without providing you notice.
Sharing Personal Information
I may disclose your personal information to a third party for a business purpose. I will NOT sell your personal information. When I disclose personal information for a business purpose, I enter a contract that describes the purpose and requires the recipient to both keep that personal information confidential and not use it for any purpose except performing the contract.
Disclosures of Personal Information for a Business Purpose
In the preceding twelve (12) months, Company has not disclosed personal information for a business purpose.
Sales of Personal Information
In the preceding twelve (12) months, Company had not sold personal information.
Your Rights and Choices
The CCPA provides consumers (California residents) with specific rights regarding their personal information. This section describes your CCPA rights and explains how to exercise those rights.
Access to Specific Information and Data Portability Rights
You have the right to request that I disclose certain information to you about our collection and use of your personal information over the past 12 months. Once I receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request, I will disclose to you:
- The categories of personal information I collected about you.
- The categories of sources for the personal information I collected about you.
- My business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling that personal information.
- The categories of third parties with whom I share that personal information.
- The specific pieces of personal information I collected about you (also called a data portability request).
- If I sold or disclosed your personal information for a business purpose, two separate lists disclosing:
- sales, identifying the personal information categories that each category of recipient purchased; and
- disclosures for a business purpose, identifying the personal information categories that each category of recipient obtained.
Deletion Request Rights
You have the right to request that I delete any of your personal information that I collected from you and retained, subject to certain exceptions. Once I receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request, I will delete (and direct our service providers to delete) your personal information from our records, unless an exception applies.
I may deny your deletion request if retaining the information is necessary for us or our service provider(s) to:
- Complete the transaction for which I collected the personal information, provide a good or service that you requested, take actions reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, or otherwise perform our contract with you.
- Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, or prosecute those responsible for such activities.
- Debug products to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality.
- Exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise their free speech rights, or exercise another right provided for by law.
- Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act (Cal. Penal Code § 1546 et. seq.).
- Engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws, when the information’s deletion may likely render impossible or seriously impair the research’s achievement, if you previously provided informed consent.
- Enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with consumer expectations based on your relationship with us.
- Comply with a legal obligation.
- Make other internal and lawful uses of that information that are compatible with the context in which you provided it.
Exercising Access, Data Portability, and Deletion Rights
To exercise the access, data portability, and deletion rights described above, please submit a verifiable consumer request to us by sending us a message on our website. Only you, or a person registered with the California Secretary of State that you authorize to act on your behalf, may make a verifiable consumer request related to your personal information. You may also make a verifiable consumer request on behalf of your minor child.
You may only make a verifiable consumer request for access or data portability twice within a 12-month period. The verifiable consumer request must:
- Provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom I collected personal information or an authorized representative.
- Describe your request with sufficient detail that allows us to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it.
I cannot respond to your request or provide you with personal information if I cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm the personal information relates to you. I will only use personal information provided in a verifiable consumer request to verify the requestor’s identity or authority to make the request.
Response Timing and Format
I endeavor to respond to a verifiable consumer request within forty-five (45) days of its receipt. If I require more time (up to [45/90] days), I will inform you of the reason and extension period in writing. I will deliver our written response by mail or electronically, at your option. Any disclosures I provide will only cover the 12-month period preceding the verifiable consumer request’s receipt. The response I provide will also explain the reasons I cannot comply with a request, if applicable. For data portability requests, I will select a format to provide your personal information that is readily useable and should allow you to transmit the information from one entity to another entity without hindrance, specifically by electronic mail communication.
I do not charge a fee to process or respond to your verifiable consumer request unless it is excessive, repetitive, or manifestly unfounded. If I determine that the request warrants a fee, I will tell you why I made that decision and provide you with a cost estimate before completing your request.
Personal Information Sales Opt-Out and Opt-In Rights
If you are 16 years of age or older, you have the right to direct us to not sell your personal information at any time (the “right to opt-out”). I do not sell the personal information of consumers I actually know are less than 16 years of age, unless I receive affirmative authorization (the “right to opt-in”) from either the consumer who is between 13 and 16 years of age, or the parent or guardian of a consumer less than 13 years of age. Consumers who opt-in to personal information sales may opt-out of future sales at any time. To exercise the right to opt-out, you (or your authorized representative) may submit a request to us by visiting the following our webpage and sending us a message.
Once you make an opt-out request, I will wait at least twelve (12) months before asking you to reauthorize personal information sales. However, you may change your mind and opt back in to personal information sales at any time by visiting my Website and sending us a message. I will only use personal information provided in an opt-out request to review and comply with the request.
I will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your CCPA rights. Unless permitted by the CCPA, I will not:
- Deny you goods or services.
- Charge you different prices or rates for goods or services, including through granting discounts or other benefits, or imposing penalties.
- Provide you a different level or quality of goods or services.
- Suggest that you may receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services.
However, I may offer you certain financial incentives permitted by the CCPA that can result in different prices, rates, or quality levels. Any CCPA-permitted financial incentive I offer will reasonably relate to your personal information’s value and contain written terms that describe the program’s material aspects. Participation in a financial incentive program requires your prior opt in consent, which you may revoke at any time.
California’s “Shine the Light” law (Civil Code Section § 1798.83) permits users of my Website that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send us an electronic message through my Website or write us at our address listed on our webpage.
Changes to Our Privacy Notice
I reserve the right to amend this privacy notice at our discretion and at any time. When I make changes to this privacy notice, I will post the updated notice on the Website and update the notice’s effective date. Your continued use of my Website following the posting of changes constitutes your acceptance of such changes.
- Via my website: please send email me.